CONFIDENTIALITY – POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Working with children and families will sometimes bring us into contact with confidential information. To ensure that all those using and working in the group can do so with confidence, we will respect confidentiality in the following ways:
- Parents will have ready access to the files and records of their own children but will not have access to information about any other child;
- Staff will not discuss personal information given by parents with other members of staff, except where it affects planning for the child’s needs;
- Personal information about children, families and staff is kept securely in a lockable file whilst remaining as accessible as possible;
- Issues relating to employment of staff, whether paid or voluntary, will remain confidential to the people directly involved with making personnel decisions;
- Any anxieties/evidence relating to a child’s personal safety will be kept in a secure, confidential file and will not be shared within the group except on a ‘need to know’ basis;
- Students participating in training and undertaking observation/practical tasks with children will be made aware of our confidentiality policy and required to respect and adhere to it.
All the undertakings above are subject to the paramount commitment of the Reigate High Street Playgroup, which is to the safety and well-being of the children. Please also see our policy on child protection.
This policy was reviewed and updated on 10/01/2019.